Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

January 28, 2009

Multicultural Crap Posing As Journalism

The Toronto Star loves Muslims. There must be at least twenty or thirty thousand articles about how westerners have "misunderstood" the hijab. As far as I'm concerned, the hijab and keffiyeh are new swastikas. So, basically: WE GET IT. Please find something else to write about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a symbol of oppression when I see one - the "new swastika" seems an apt description.

As I told hubby, the only way I'll ever wear any of those things is in my casket - they'll have to make sure all the fight is gone before they can force it on me.

And I, too, am tired of being lectured by the dhimmi-witted MSM about my "misunderstanding" of the hijab (or burka or niqab or whatever).

Anonymous said...

I really don't have a problem with the hijab, if indeed it is a woman's choice to wear it.

(Whether or not that is always the case likely deserves another thread!)

No doubt I'd get some strange looks if I wore my sparkly Vegas ten-gallon cowboy hat into the local Starbucks as well. But maybe other people don't like pink sparkly things as much as I do. But in that context, I can accept the public wearing of the hijab as a personal lifestyle choice.

I don't AGREE... and think overtly religious clothing should be DISCOURAGED, especially in government and the civil service, but it is an accomodation in choice of dress that I can't find a good argument against.

What I do think should be banned is the full facial covering, the niquab or burka. There are only three legitimate reasons to cover your face in public: When it's 20 below and the wind chill makes it seem -40, on All Hallow's Eve if you're under the age of 14, and if you're a hockey goalie.

That's it.

I've now seen two women dressed in full islamic covering walking down the street - and I fear it will only become more common if there is not legislation to the contrary.

The hijab isn't that much different than my granny putting a scarf over her blue rinsed curls after a visit to the salon for a perm.

The Keffiyeh is something entirely different - and I bite my lip to avoid lecturing every 20-something skinny DOOD and DOODESSES I see with multiple tats and piercings about that particular symbol and the hate it represents.

When I see it wrapped around the faces of young thugs chanting hate in the streets of Toronto, Ottawa and holy-heck frickin' WINNEPEG it makes me feel sick.

Anonymous said...

Sharkibark - I agree on the full facial/body covering. This past summer a woman wearing one of these outfits (I assume it was female; I saw only eyes and the voice sounded feminine) approached me in a local park. I think I gasped (I almost screamed); after all, it wasn't Hallowe'en and I wasn't expecting a costume.

I question whether many Muslim women here wear it as a choice - I haven't forgotten that poor girl - Aqsa Parvez - who was murdered by her father for not wearing it.

Still, being female, I do see the hijab as a symbol of oppression against women (and I am no feminazzi - I left those days long behind me). It represents men telling women how they must present themselves to be considered respectable. And the swastika was simply adopted by the Nazis as a symbol - a symbol of oppression - to demonstrate who was in charge.

Now, having said that, I certainly do not feel we need to ban any of these items. A free country doesn't need to "ban" such things - but we should equally be free to ridicule the dhimmi-witted media for constantly telling Western society that we just don't "understand." Like CC said, "we get it." And I'd like to add to the media - "now, stfu."