February 20, 2009
Annual Jew Hating, Israel Bashing Festival Begins
The monstrosity known as "Israel Apartheid Week" is once again coming to a university campus near you. I would actually defend the right of these people to speak on campus, and simply give them the (figurative) rope to hang themselves. We all know who attends this kind of event-the hard core antisemites. This beast cannot be put back into the bottle, and I think that the people who are opposed to this kind of blatant hatred on their campus have to outsmart and outwit these folks. What would I do? I would try to publicly expose the speakers publicly for their puffed-up and often bogus "credentials", and let their own words speak for themselves. Google is your friend. It also means reminding universities that they are beholden to their donors and that people can and indeed, should fight with their wallets. People can also protest if their union dues are being hijacked for political causes that they disagree with. These events can also serve to make connections between like-minded people, who can come up with their own inventive and uniquely personal ways to fight back the utter Jew-hatred in our midst. Ultimately, this is not a Jewish issue. The Jews and Israel are once again "just" the canary in the coal mine and universities campuses are really a microcosm of the direction in which general society is headed.
Labels:
antisemitism,
Israel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment