Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

March 11, 2009

Is Liberal Parenting Creating a Generation of Ticking Time Bombs?

The biggest mistake we can make as parents is to want to be our children’s friends. Yes, they may like us more, their classmates may think we’re cool, (Really? Gosh, isn’t that lovely!) but the truth is that they also see us as weak. And weakness in those who ought to be powerful will always invite contempt.

1 comment:

JustAnotherWesterner said...

The answer to the headline question is yes. Mostly blame the Leftards who permeat the education system. And they want to start their indoctrination sooner with gov't ruled national day care.

I am constantly at odds with my friends over child-rearing. My oldest son is 31. Their's are all a lot younger. Not that I am an expert, but I have gotten into very emotional arguements, telling certain parents, I will not allow the parent to treat their child that way in my house.

I'm not talking about your "headline" physical abuse or derision. I'm talking about a mother who will not allow a child to answer for himself, cannot let him think, put his own shoes on, would rather buy him a $90 video game than a $20 soccer helmet, constantly tells him what to do, say, be, and thinks she is a 'good' mother. His dad is his only salvation and tries to follow my lead. The boy is 8 or 9 now and the contempt he has for his mother is well beyond his fragile years.

So I used to wonder about this mother. She has never grown up herself. Her whole objective in life is self-gratification. She still wants to act and party like she is still seventeen.
She is the butt of our whole circle's jokes. OK, so she ain't so bright. Her husband loves her dearly (childhood lovers) and indulges her. But when it comes to the kid's welfare, I had to speak up and still do.

For all the rest of the younger kids around me (grandkids, friend's kids) I look at their parents and see the same thing.

None of them seem to have become responsible adults. My generation were forced to become finacially, emotionally, reluctantly accountable.

Then came "Protect the Kid".
which basically means "No Discipline". Might hurt his/her self-esteem. Shield them from the world around them. Do not allow any consequences for their actions. (might hurt them physically or their self-esteem). Along with all the PC crap and sycophantic, social justice educators, the kids don't know which way is up