July 20, 2009
UK: Nanny State Cradle to Cradle
So, I was reading this story about an unmarried teenage mother, shacked up with her boyfriend, who just had triplets. I think to myself 'hey good for her for taking responsibility for getting pregnant', and I congratulate her for not having an abortion. Then I read a little further and see that hey-this is not her first child. She got pregnant with her first child at 15!"The family lives on benefits in a two-bedroom council house in Portsmouth but they are hoping to be given a bigger house, although they are adamant there will be no more babies".Neither has a job. Children having children, living off the state. Did these children not have any parenting themselves? This story is shocking and distressing on so many levels.
Labels:
UK is screwed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The bigger problem is the state. They willingly pay for thousands of unwed mothers to live on welfare without having any requirements to get education or employment. The more children they have, the more free stuff they get, so why not just keep at it?
I have no problem with a certain amount of support, but there should definitely be a limit to how long you can get it and it should not increase with each child. There should also be requirements to go to school and get a job.
Post a Comment