August 16, 2009
Toronto Star Finds Travelling Group Even More Oppressed Than Flying While Muslim
Apparently, the most difficult thing in the entire, whole, big bad world is flying while transgendered. Oh-the pain, oh the agony of having to actually identify yourself by your very own plumbing system!Can you imagine greater emotional trauma than having to say "male" or "female" when asked?"Travel is also complicated for those who live in the grey area between genders. [Ed: ewwwwww].""Award-winning Canadian writer, Ivan E Coyote self-describes as a "very masculine reading estrogen-based organism" and is comfortable being addressed as "he" or "she." Coyote's ID is marked Female.""If you don't fit into a gender box ... if anything tweaks (the border guards) at all about you, all of a sudden, you're a target, and they have that power over you." [Ed: that would be The Man, The Man has power over you.]"Coyote was subjected to a body search when entering Berlin on a flight from Amsterdam. Another time, s/he was detained while waiting at the Ottawa airport to pick up a friend flying in from the U.S., a tall, feminine woman with a heavy moustache, who was also detained."What is the grossest part of the story? The bearded lady? The grey area 'between the genders'?What an obnoxious article, what a portrait of the indulgent life we have here in Canada-no existential worries-just make-work problems for abnormal attention-seeking freaks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Howdy, maaam.
LC LaWedgie
How can you be feminine and have a heavy mustache? It's just not possible.
LC LAWEDGIE!!!!
How are you? How did you find me!?!?! So nice to see you!
Josephine-I completely agree. It's batshit crazy.
Hey! I was reading blog comments and they said that you had your own, so I Googled it up.
I'll be checkin' in. :)
LC LaWedgie
Definitely-I always loved you, LC.
Post a Comment