Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

December 18, 2009

Obviously These People Have Never Been on Maternity Leave

New research "proves" that being a Mom makes you grow all kinds of new, funky brain cells.

Well, that's very nice-but I actually found that in the first few weeks and months of being a mom, my brain turned pretty much into oatmeal.

One of the dirty little secrets of being a mom is that after the baby is born you are in a post-partum haze, everything hurts and this screaming little alien is sucking at you all the time physically and mentally. You love it more than life itself but you can't handle only getting 14 minutes of sleep per night.

When you are on maternity leave, you try to have intelligent conversations, but all that comes out is "ooooh, she made a big poo today", or "my boobs are leaking again".

You try to read a newspaper but the words go blurry. You think to yourself 'hey-I had a nice life, what the hell did I just do to it-voluntarily"

Of course things get easier. But having a baby and those first few months are pretty tough and I would argue that my brain cells went way, way, way down post-partum.

No comments: