Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

January 20, 2010

Haiti: Disfunctional and Lawless

I am not making any personal donations to Haitian relief. My taxes are already being channeled through the presence of the Canadian forces in place already in Haiti.

And when I see articles like this, I think that while immediate aid is a good thing we really need to have 'a conversation' about the decrepit, lawless, corrupted violent society that is Haiti.

Read this article, if you can stomach it.

If I thought this kind of violence was the exception, I wouldn't be concerned.

1 comment:

Square Mile Wife said...

Sadly it's not an exception. Corrupt is an understatement. I fully support sending medical staff and search and rescue - but actual money. No way! A country that has seen generations of corrupt power and almost no rule of law is not going to hold hands and sing just because there was an earthquake. This money is going line the pockets of a few people who will use it for their own gain.