And then, when those yucky, white Christo-fascists try to shut us down, we will scream CHILLL, there is a CHILLLL and talk about how there is no real freedom in Amerikkka and stuff!
It's really so lovely-the plot that is:
"The play presents a modern-day version of Jesus' life and death in 1960s Corpus Christi, Texas, with a few controversial updates. The apostles are all gay, Joseph is an alcoholic wife-beater, and Mary gives birth alongside a chorus of moaning men."
The writer says it's all about Christian love and stuff! "I am not attacking anyone in choosing this play. I want people to see and understand another side to faith. I want us all to know that unconditional love means just that -- unconditional -- and I believe tolerance is a key message in this play. None of us, not one of us, should ever feel alone or separated from God or whomever we believe in."
1 comment:
Perhaps we've been waterboarding the wrong people.
Post a Comment