Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

June 02, 2010

"It Doesn't Matter How Polish I Feel, My Children Would Have Been Burned in the Barn"

Just watching a video about the massacre (real, not fake Palestinian propaganda style) of the Jews of Jedwabne.

Do you know about Jedwabne?

The Jews of this small Polish town near the eastern border with Russia were rounded up and murdered by their Polish neighbours-not the Nazis-as it had been thought for many years.

The screams were so loud, but the Poles played music outside to drown out the sound of the Jews being burned alive.

I'll be going to Poland soon to visit the places where my grandparents all came from, and to see Auschwitz and Treblinka.

I wish the liberal Jews of today would listen to the words of the Jewish journalist from Poland who sighs and says "it doesn't matter how Polish I feel, my children would have been burned in the barn".

They will not accept that this is still the case today. Their pathetic bridge-building, interfaith dialogues, and their "twinning" projects with mosques are useless, utopian projects.

They pour money into their communities and fund scholarships for their children at various institutions of higher learning.

Liberal Jews, assimilated Jews: Your children will still be burned in the barn.

I think we need a little comfort here, and I'm thinking Psalm 23.

I know I will be soon walking on scorched earth, listening to ghost whispers and trying to place stones on broken graves. I will be saying that I have not forgotten, and not forgiven. I hope I can keep myself together. I'll be walking with G-d.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He has me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters. He revives my soul; He guides me on paths of righteousness for His glory. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no harm, For you are with me. Your rod and your staff do comfort me. You set a table in sight of my enemies; You anoint my head with rich oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, And I shall abide in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments: