Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

June 30, 2010

Random Thoughts on British Men

I was listening a few moments ago to a colleague introduce a friend of his around the office.

The friend was British and had studied here in Canada.

Anyway, he sounded very bright and his accent was very charming. I wish I could say the same about the whole package.

British people, for some reason, still seem not to care about their teeth as much as the average North American. I imagine good dental care is still quite expensive in the UK, but it's very affordable here and judgemental North Americans like me are, well, very judgemental about stuff like that.

This chap was dressed quite nicely-dark blue suit and a crisp white shirt, but no tie [note: ties are good and very masculine].

But his hair was a little too long in my opinion for the relatively conservative nature of business dress in most cities.

Why am I talking about this? I mean, who cares about some random dude and my random thoughts about him? Because I have always felt that it's important to put your best foot forward-and understand that people look at you as an entire package; your posture, your grooming, your clothes, the hair style, the make-up-the works.

It's so important for women not to get caught in time-warps, wearing the same styles and shade of lipstick as they did 20 years ago when they felt they were in their prime.

It doesn't cost a lot nowadays to stay current. People are always amazed when I tell them that I'm 40 and have three kids.

Not because I'm the most beautiful girl on the block-but I think (and hope) because of my spirit. I don't want to ever get trapped in the past. Not mentally, emotionally or stylistically.

The British accent is one of the most ultimate accessories-but British people should not neglect the other external ones. I was rather charmed by this fellow until he smiled. How sad is that?

Gah!

4 comments:

Square Mile Wife said...

He must have had an upper-class accent. Wait, you can get good dental care in the UK? Please tell me where so I can stop flying back to Canada and paying top dollar to go see a Canadian dentist.

Andre (Canada) said...

The amount of chocolate and candies that British people eat is only rivalled by Quebecers who also have dreadfull teeth!!!

Closet Conservative said...

I'm glad you guys dropped by, I was thinking my whole post was kind of stupid and thought of deleting it, but you both have good points.

Square Mile Wife said...

It was not stupid!!! It was hilarious. Being a North American living in the UK I could absolutely relate to what you wrote, and it's dead-on. I want to write more in the comments but thought it might come across as me having a one-woman vendetta against Brits.