Listen-I am a working mom. That means I have two full time jobs. That's my choice. I'm not the stay-at-home mom type. I like hanging out with adults, and I love my kids.
But, only a moron would not realize that when you are away from your job-life at work goes on without you.
When I returned (early-because I was going mental and we were broke) from my last mat leave at my Very Progressive and Wonderfully Diverse Employer I was shoved into a cubicle at the back of the building, with a different (demoted) title and area of work.
I didn't sue, or get depressed. I just spent the time scoping out other opportunities and eventually, things settled down and I found another position.
I know of at least 5 women who experienced the same thing-and these were both more senior and more junior than I.
You cannot expect to be absent and think that people are thinking about your career all the time. Every employee is replaceable. Just get over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment