My idiot people. Nice catch from Scaramouche.
Wait-did you hear that? That was the sound of my head hitting the keyboard.
I'm sure that Canadian Jews will be delighted to know that their UJA dollars are funding Islamic terrorists in Pakistan.
Just wonderful.
1 comment:
Actually, I would argue that when you say, "My idiot people," you should expand the reference to include the entire Western do-gooder class, not just its Jewish branch. Many Christian denominations, my own (Roman Catholicism) among them, are continually doing the same sort of bone-headed "charity." (Mind you, American religious charities do yeoman work in providing much-needed assistance to the poorest of the poor, which is commendable, and to which I myself contribute as much as I can, but they often lack . . . discrimination . . . in dispensing it.)
If Jews were the only sector of Western societies doing this sort of thing, they would merely be charming eccentrics, like a pleasantly deranged uncle in the attic. Unfortunately, _everyone_ in the soft-headed Left is acting similarly. These people just cannot take their own side against the enemy (_pace_ Robert Frost). They've gone even beyond Lenin's notorious cynical prediction that the capitalists would sell the Bolsheviks the rope with which the latter could hang the former: They're now in the business of giving away the rope and providing technical assistance to the hangman.
Things look bleak for our side, but at least we can take some consolation from the truism that nothing is inevitable until after it happens.
Post a Comment