Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

September 20, 2010

A Mother's Love

Last night the kids went to bed relatively early. But by midnight I had one in my bed and then at 2:30 a.m another one came in to tell me that another one had puked.

I stayed with the puking one, got the fever down but couldn't go to sleep, worried that he had picked up a bug and feeling like he would throw up again and I wanted him to get to the bathroom in time.

Sure enough at about 4:00 or so, it happened again, but then he settled into a good sleep. I was still wired, thinking about how I would get up in the morning.

I guess I finally fell asleep at about 5:00 which is about half an hour before I usually get up.

But instead of the alarm, I was woken by the sound of my special needs kid downstairs, having already grabbed the husband's iPhone and listening to his favourite music at full volume. The husband didn't hear the alarm clock.

The morning was a bit more rushed than usual, but somehow everyone got off to their work and school, with all their supplies and in clean clothes.

By the time I got on the subway, I started to relax.

Being a parent is hard work. Imagining your child's future without you is the hardest thing ever.

Rest in peace, Gemma Hogg.

No comments: