I think we are treated more as mental cases...but whatever.
December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.
"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan
"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee
I think we are treated more as mental cases...but whatever.
1 comment:
I am all for civility, wherever and whenever possible, in public discourse . . . but Mr. Neusner's plea for same was a little too . . . pleading. One problem that many conservatives have in making their case to leftists is that we project weakness and lack of conviction. This is just as true outside the context of left-right divides within the Jewish community.
Actually, the most illuminating part of the article was the readers' responses that followed. The raw vitriol of some of those comments could have etched glass! They also testified to willful blindness. The Tea Party, which was roundly excoriated by one of the commentators as a "manifestation" of "the Christian Right, especially the Protestant Fundamentalist Evangelical community." Not only does this reek of religious bigotry, it is not even accurate. The Tea Party Movement, to which I--a Hispanic Roman Catholic--proudly belong, spans a broad spectrum of ethnic and religious affiliations. It is, however, unabashedly philo-Semitic and pro-Zionist on the whole. I guess that, like "liberals"--I hate the debasement of that once honorable term--in general , the poster could not bring himself to take his own side; better to ally himself with the likes of the Reverends ("bloodsucking Jews") Sharpton, ("we supported Zionism shamelessly") Wright, and ("Hymietown") Jackson. _That_ demonstrates "tikkun olam" for sure.
Post a Comment