It's amazing to me that there is a little, tiny word missing in the article.
HINT: Islam.
No mention of what makes Egyptian women scared to walk the street, even plotting their routes with the help of the internet to avoid being raped.
No mention of glorious sharia.
Strange.
The only thing that is inevitable here is that the mainstream media will continue to try and avoid the Islamic nature of the attack, the unavoidable conclusion that Islam misogynistic in nature, and continue to try and make this and other examples of Muslim barbarity against girls and women some kind of vague, general issue of gender discrimination, generalized domestic violence or other such nonsense.
6 comments:
Mallick's article certainly appeared, to this reader, to have a subtext of "it's really all about men generally being pigs" as the underlying reason the hapless Ms. Logan suffered her ordeal.
I could not help but reflect, as I read the article, about my wife's totally opposite experience when she attends a Tea Party rally here in Jacksonville. (She is very active in the Tea Party movement and other conservative groups.) She finds the meetings, rallies, and demonstrations she attends to be exhilarating experiences, often organized and led by women; she feels "empowered," to use the trendy shibboleth of choice. But, of course, one does not find many adherents of the "Religion of Peace" in conservative political assemblies in Jacksonville, Florida.
Ms. Closet conservative, I'd just like to say how much I've enjoyed your blog, especially your recent posts on therapists (ugh!), Mark Steyn, Detroit and the like!
Keep 'em coming! You're hitting them out of the ballpark!
Ms. Closet Conservative, I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, especially your recent posts about Mark Steyn, Detroit and the "helping professions!" (Ugh!)
Keep 'em coming!
Closet Conservative, just want to tell you how much I enoy your blog!
Sorry for the multiple posts! I just signed in, am having a hard time seeing if it's actually taken my message or not!
KAMEL!!!!
Thanks for coming to my blog!!!!
((((KAMEL))))
Post a Comment