Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 27, 2011

Maclean's Sucks

Has anyone noticed that Maclean's Magazine is pretty much unreadable crud nowadays?

I was really excited when Mark Steyn started writing for Maclean's.

I loved the way they waged their battle against the bevy of belligerent Muslims, their sock puppets and the Human Rights Commission. I even ordered an office subscription. Now I confess, I went right to the Steyn column and only leafed through the rest-but was definitely willing to suck up the crap between the Steyn columns because they were such a tasty intellectual and literary treat.

I also thought that Ken Whyte did a pretty good job poaching some very talented writers and editors from the National Post, and shook up the boring graphic design. It's certainly more attractive nowadays.

Unfortunately, the content is pretty much dreck.

For example, I personally do not give half a crap about Elton John-the aging, senile soft-rock grandmother queen and his companion and their creepy adoption of a baby boy, and the even creepier idea that Lady Gaga will be this poor child's godmother.

Kathy pointed out that there is a microscopic placeholder in the Books section of Maclean's, indicating that Steyn is 'on leave' from the magazine.

My own suspicion is that the break up had to do with a rather unfortunate episode in the magazine relating to one of Canada's Stupidest Emasculated Effete Liberal Moron Professional Jews-but I digress...

I'll be canceling our subscription. It's just unreadable crap with the exception of Barbara Amiel's column nowadays.

Ya just don't cross Teh Steyn.

No comments: