Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 06, 2011

Nancy and Ronald-a Love Story

There have been a lot of outstanding tributes to Ronald Reagan in the news lately, but I thought I would post something I saw in the newspaper yesterday.

I know there have been mixed reviews of Ron Reagan's book, but I found this excerpt very moving-I actually got tears in my eyes.

Ronald Reagan was a great man, a great leader and had much love in his life.

I may check out the book-as I found this passage touching, and the writing sensitive and respectful.

1 comment:

Carlos Perera said...

Ronald Reagan was the quintessential "middle American," whose salient characteristic was a basic decency that permeated his very essence. Men like him were once referred to by the British as "decent old sticks" and by Americans as "square dealers." A handshake with one of them was a better guarantee of honest performance than the most ironclad contract drawn by the shrewdest Philadelphia lawyer.

I am old enough to remember when the virtues embodied by Mr. Reagan were the mores of American society. Men like him may still be found in large numbers in the U. S.--e.g., in the Tea Party, whose public assemblies are not only peaceable and orderly, but actually leave the public spaces where they gather cleaner than they found them. Unfortunately, these men (and I use the word in its ancient Germanic sense of _human being_) no longer control the moral heights of American society. We badly need to retake these prominences and install a new generation of Reagans--among whom many of the best are American women--as guardians.