If Conservative in the Closet were to claim she is Madame Curie or I were to claim that I am Julius Caesar, we would, quite reasonably, be considered to be psychotic (though, I would hope, in a charmingly eccentric way). How, then, can supposedly rational people use the force of law to compel acceptance of the claims of men who, despite having an XY chromosome pair and the corresponding plumbing, insist they are women, or ditto for women who have an XX chromosome pair and the corresponding plumbing, yet insist they are men?
In a sense, those who attempt to compel acceptance of these claims are madder than those who make them, since they do not have the mitigating excuse of of disordered neurochemistry or personal psychological baggage for their delusion.
2 comments:
If Conservative in the Closet were to claim she is Madame Curie or I were to claim that I am Julius Caesar, we would, quite reasonably, be considered to be psychotic (though, I would hope, in a charmingly eccentric way). How, then, can supposedly rational people use the force of law to compel acceptance of the claims of men who, despite having an XY chromosome pair and the corresponding plumbing, insist they are women, or ditto for women who have an XX chromosome pair and the corresponding plumbing, yet insist they are men?
In a sense, those who attempt to compel acceptance of these claims are madder than those who make them, since they do not have the mitigating excuse of of disordered neurochemistry or personal psychological baggage for their delusion.
It's shameful that doctors participate in this self-mutilation and madness.
Post a Comment