Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

May 23, 2011

"Couples" Therapy

I think "couples" therapy is totally bogus.

I'll go even further. I think it's the public step that somehow has become a necessary part of contemporary divorce kabuki theatre.

It's the last step that people are supposed to go through in public-and talk about unabashedly when their marriage has really collapsed.

My feeling is that if you need a third-party to explain something to your husband or wife, you are really screwed.

The thing about marriage is that sometimes you really need to fight it out-words I mean.

You will either come to some kind of a truce, or not. You might have to eat a minor or major shit sandwich. Both partners will not feel great. Both might even feel some resentment-but that life, and that is really the cost of being married.

It's not easy. It's constant compromise.

But as my good friend Kenneth once put it "Hey-I don't need a ugly lesbian in a bad sweater to tell me I'm an idiot-I know I'm an idiot.".

(Kenneth is by the way-not an idiot at all...)

Anyway, that's why I am posting this moronic piece by Rebecca Eckler.

Therapy at the spa! Great!

Yes, let's all find an even more pathetic and decadent way to whine about the creature known as the "relationship". Let's whine about it even more as unmarried people! Let's talk about ourselves and navel gaze even before we commit to getting married!

What could possibly be wrong with obsessing about everything even before a wedding.

This is so indulgent and obnoxious.

Is there anything more boring than people talking about their "relationship"? This newfangled creature? Feh.

No comments: