If anyone ever needed any more proof of what democratic policies have done to a formerly great city-here it is.
Nearly half of Detroiters are functionally illiterate.
The American Thinker posts more thoughts on the matter.
Do you know what kind of company this puts Detroit with?
I'm not sure you want to know.
Doesn't anyone care?
As I have written before, I honestly cannot envision a revitalization project-physical, educational, moral and intellectual-of as large a scope as is needed for Detroit. It's just beyond comprehension at this point.
1 comment:
I may have commented on this before, but I am old enough to remember when Detroit was a great city, a jewel in the crown of modern industrial civilization. Now it looks like a Mayan ruin in the making, down to the details of the forest reclaiming the urban landscape, with wild animals denning in the decaying structures . . . stuff straight out of Stephen Vincent Benét's "By the Waters of Babylon."
Post a Comment