Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

September 22, 2011

In Praise of Belly Dancing

As part of my self-prescribed 'have/make more fun' program, I decided to try something completely new-belly dancing!

The first class was yesterday and it was completely awesome. There were about 15 girls in the class and the teacher was amazing. The hour literally flew by!

The crazy cool thing about it is all the muscle isolation that you have to do, it takes a lot of focus. The professionals of course, make it look really easy. But it's not!

It kind of reminds me of piano playing. How you have to train your brain to use each hand separately, reading two lines of music.

In the case of belly dancing, you isolate one part of the body-like let's say it's upper chest undulations, or stomach undulations. Then, you have to tell your brain to move your arms in a fluid motion and rotate your wrists at the same time.

The hip movements are sort of like Latin dancing, except for the pronounced "close door with hip" syncopated movements.

It was a fantastic workout-I highly recommend it.

And what I also liked about the teacher was that she was serene, but not in a crazy way. And her body was beautiful, rounded-she was not fat, but not skinny, very womanly-very goddess like. Very different from a yoga skank.

A little flesh and curves is a good thing-she's hot!

Thumbs up to this fantastic form of dance. I enjoyed it much more than the modern and contemporary classes that I used to take.

1 comment:

Matthew Noto said...

What? No pics of you in your costume? tease..

Heh.