I have to tell you, I almost lost it when I saw him in his IDF uniform. I thought that was so gutsy, so brave. He went into captivity a soldier and came home a soldier, putting his uniform on the first chance he got-despite apparently fainting in the helicopter.
I thought the Egyptian television interview was barbaric and disgusting, beyond words kind of disgusting. You could see Shalit's chest rising up and down as her disgraceful pro-Palestinian "questions" were being asked.
How do I feel about all this. I am happy for the Shalit family. I feel for the families of other terror victims-thinking, how could these murderers be set free?
The bottom line though is this: Israel and the Jews are in a lose-lose situation. We have existential threats from every direction. If we negotiate with terrorists-we lose. If we don't-we lose.
The only way to "deal" with terrorists is to kill them. That's it. Other than "dead", civilians, Jews, the IDF, all of us lose.
I am so happy for the Shalit family, but it is clear that Gilad's release was signed in blood.
The Palestinian prisoners get fat in our jails-they laugh at our weakness. They improve their bodies and minds. We are so stupid, so decadent, and continue to appease our murderers.
It's impossible on some level not to feel like we-the Jews-are to blame for the current situation. Terrorists and their state or private enablers are emboldened. We need to emphasize the value of our lives not just through negotiation-but through actions.
No mercy to those who would destroy us. Mercy is repaid by barbarism, in innumerable ways.
Will there be more terrorism because of this deal? Yes.
Would there be more terrorism without this deal? Yes.
The only solution to the "terrorist" question is shoot to kill.
2 comments:
Great post. This rotten deal was struck with Hamas but it was made possible by the Israeli Supreme Court. If Israel really and truly values life they will reverse the ban on the death penalty and apply it to all those convicted of plotting and carrying out murder campaigns against innocent Israeli citizens.
You are right, of course. It's an upside-down world, right now. Israelis need to remain focused on their goals of eliminating terrorism and keeping their country prosperous and free. It's a huge task. But it's a country of talented people who may also have some help from an invisible hand. Let's not forget that and keep up our support for Israel during difficult times.
Post a Comment