Yeah, that's what I'd do too if I were Grand Exalted Ruler of Israel, but, unfortunately, it is too commonsensical a solution for the _extremely_ left-wing justices of Israeli appeals courts (including the Israeli Supreme Court). Judge Robert Bork--a man not easily shocked by the presence of tendentious Leftist ideologues on appeals courts--went to Israel a few years ago as the guest of an Israeli legal think tank . . . guess what? He was shocked. So, my guess is that nothing of the sort will be done, the terrorists will keep on committing horrific crimes against humanity, the IDF will keep on capturing them, other terrorists will then kidnap some poor hapless soul(s), hold him/her/(them) hostage, the original terrorists will be released in exchange, and the whole cycle will go on. At this point, I don't know what, if anything, can trigger the full survival instinct of any Western polity (not just Israel).
1 comment:
Yeah, that's what I'd do too if I were Grand Exalted Ruler of Israel, but, unfortunately, it is too commonsensical a solution for the _extremely_ left-wing justices of Israeli appeals courts (including the Israeli Supreme Court). Judge Robert Bork--a man not easily shocked by the presence of tendentious Leftist ideologues on appeals courts--went to Israel a few years ago as the guest of an Israeli legal think tank . . . guess what? He was shocked. So, my guess is that nothing of the sort will be done, the terrorists will keep on committing horrific crimes against humanity, the IDF will keep on capturing them, other terrorists will then kidnap some poor hapless soul(s), hold him/her/(them) hostage, the original terrorists will be released in exchange, and the whole cycle will go on. At this point, I don't know what, if anything, can trigger the full survival instinct of any Western polity (not just Israel).
Post a Comment