Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

November 30, 2011

Why Marriage Eludes the Modern Woman

This is very apt!

And it relates to my random post below about men and women.

Modern women have to be de-programmed that there is no shame in taking joy out of feeding their families, taking care of their children and making their home the centre of their universe.

Just the other day, I was telling someone that I don't have a "career" at all.

What's a career?

I wasn't articulating it very well, what I meant to say is that I don't worship my job ("career") like so many idiots do. I don't let it define me.

That's not my cuppa idolatry.

I have a job that pays me money to do stuff that I'm good at.

I am, luckily, able to find the fun wherever I am at work-the fun people, too.

But, my life is my family first, and then my friends.

I could get another dumb job anytime, and take my stuff in a little shoebox with me when I leave and have the dumb send-off lunch and exit interview.

When I get home from work-the day job-I turn into Mom Zombie.

Mombie?

I leave "me" behind when I get to the door and I go on autopilot. The forms that need filling out, the tests that need signing, the boo-boos, the sibling complaints ("he hit me", "she was a baby at the dentist", "at least I'm better at math", "your face is better at math").

That's how I have always described it. I use my subway trip back to the suburbs to transition back to the Mom role that I left in the morning.

So, it was nice to see this little confirmation here:

"..the truth is that women have chosen the lives they have. They chose to abandon marital intimacy by bringing the power they wield at work into their homes, where it doesn’t belong. The happiest wives I know don’t do this. No matter how successful they are outside the home, they leave that piece of themselves at work. When they walk in the front door, they put on their feminine hat and let men be who they are: simple creatures with few demands.

"As my cousin, a former law partner (and female), says, “There are two ingredients to a healthy marriage: good food and good sex.”

I think there are more ingredients than that-it's definitely more complicated, especially when there are children involved.

The whole article is worth a read.

No comments: