Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

December 13, 2011

David Mamet: Israel, Isaac and the Return of Human Sacrifice

Just fantastic:

"The Liberal West has, for decades, indulged itself in an orgy of self-flagellation. We have enjoyed comfort and security, but these, in the absence of gratitude and patriotism, cause insecurity. This attempted cure for insecurity can be seen in protestations of our worthlessness, and the indictment of private property."

"In abandonment of the state of Israel, the West reverts to pagan sacrifice, once again, making a burnt offering not of that which one possesses, but of that which is another's. As Realpolitik, the Liberal West's anti-Semitism can be understood as like Chamberlain's offering of Czechoslovakia to Hitler, a sop thrown to terrorism. On the level of conscience, it is a renewal of the debate on human sacrifice."

Hat tip: BabbaZeeLink

5 comments:

scaramouche said...

That was fab! Exactly the sort of sermon I wish my Rabbi would give (but know better than to hold my breath waiting for).

How IS BabbaZee? Haven't seen her name in eons.

Closet Conservative said...

Seriously-wasn't it just amazing. I wish he would come to Toronto.
BabbaZee is "oy", in her words.

papijoe said...

Don't I know you guys? ;-)

Closet Conservative said...

OMG!!

papijoe!!!

LONG TIME NO SEE!!!!!!

papijoe said...

Wonderful to see all of you here! I was looking for a quote from the Mamet article [WSJ subscription expired]and found you and scaramouche and hopefully some day BabaZee! Such a blessing.

Oh and I have a scoop for you:

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/12/13/3090717/matisyahu-sheds-signature-beard-religious-label