The Steyn appearance did not disappoint.
In addition to providing his usual great humour, sage advice about the entire world, insights that came so fast and furious that my poor Jew fingers got tired typing them, there were several other wickedly cool things about the evening.
I have copious notes, but will have to digest and post them tomorrow (hopefully).
Here are some random one-offs:
I am not Mark Steyn's bodyguard, but I got to play one in a Reform synagogue for five minutes.
Mark-if you ever need a five foot five Jewish mother body guard again, have your people call my people. (This bodyguard got a nice bear hug from Teh Steyn, too. I may never wash my outfit again...)
Steyn is a spiffy dresser and Melissa the publicist STILL has great boots (and I told her as much) and Tiffany is a real, live person and super nice as well. Steyn travels with a classy entourage.
The Rabbi was a bit, errr, how shall I say this, ummm-a bit faggy (not that there's anything wrong with that, blah blah blah why is he a "Rabbi" if he is sooooooooooooooo ghey, but whatever).
The crowed loved Mark, but I wish the audience wasn't so damned geriatric. Hello young people-it's your world, too.
Mark Steyn also ripped Bernie Farber and Jewish liberals a new one, and if that doesn't send tingles down a rightwinger's leg then nothing will.
Like I said-I have lots of notes and hope to post more tomorrow.
I love Steyn, but even I couldn't handle the though of throngs of Toronto's right wing alte-kacker elites fighting for a few moments and some kosher desserts so I hadda bail early.
If it was dining Al Steyno, indeed.
More tomorrow.
4 comments:
Well "Holy Blossom Temple" did strike me as a suspiciously ghey name...
Hope you wore your best schymiata to the gala event!
Nice body guarding work, CC
I disagree, I spotted many young people, even a few multigenerational
In fact, my daughter was so impressed she grabbed my copy of After America and is reading it first.
"The crowed loved Mark, but I wish the audience wasn't so damned geriatric. Hello young people-it's your world, too."
Instead of wasting our youth on the polka, we educated ourselves early, so that we wouldn't be fooled by snake-oil salesman of the Mark Steyn variety.
No offense (and I mean that) but Steyn's early-mid 20th century ideology of race-bating has an expiration date!
Post a Comment