Perhaps one of the reasons why growing numbers of people in the West have food allergies is also because they actually don't have allergies?
I suspect that a large number of people substitute the Cult of My Kishkes for actual religious belief in the Judeo-Christian G-d or any other form of traditional worship.
Their lives are empty, so they reflect inward, and inward again.
Once they have exhausted 95% of the therapists in their cities, and gotten divorced, and waxed their vaginas, pierced their belly buttons, or run off with the secretaries, they discover exquisitely precious food sensitivities, many of which only exist in their narcissistic heads-and then pass along these neurosis to their offspring.
That is not to say that there aren't truly anaphylactic allergies out there-there are.
But it's really impossible to measure how many people have deadly allergies because the only way to know for sure if they are deadly is when people die from them.
I am not very bright, but it seems to me that it would be statistically flawed to extrapolate a truly accurate gauge of anaphylaxis by counting dead people. One cannot project those statistics onto living populations.
Kathy likes to say "if you're so allergic-why aren't you dead"? And that is a totally legitimate question.
I'd like to ask people why on earth they think their goddamned food neurosis are so interesting to talk about.
Shockingly, I am not really interested in what refined sugar, or wheat, or almond extract or lentils does to your bowel movements!!!
I couldn't care less that milk makes you gassy!
Shut up already!
I took PB&J sandwiches to school for many years, and nobody died. Strange.
I also find it very tiresome to have to politely attempt to accommodate food allergies. At home, I can offer a child's friend an alternate-but I am not making alternate meals for anyone.
And frankly, if you have a deadly allergy to anything-you should not be eating in restaurants. You need to be making your own food exclusively and refrain from eating out (as a very good friend of mine with allergies does), or just sipping a cup of tea with the group (as my friend does).
In Israel, children are raised on "Bamba" and as far as I know-nobody has died from it.
If this all makes me sound like a pissy bitch-good.
UPDATE: Here is Kathy's take-applause!!!
2 comments:
"[T]he National Post ... caved on the fag, lesbo and trannie sexual grooming of children thing."
?
Sorry, not following you. (Not a reader of the N. Post.) What fag, lesbo, and trannie sexual gooming of children thing? Link, please.
OH, that was when a Christian family-values group placed an ad in the National Post, it was a great ad-about the lefty gay activists and their agenda for school children-making little kids "question their gender" etc. Then the Post yanked the ad because the Gaystapo got pissy and the Post donated money to some lesbian/gay/trans support group. Kathy Shaidle and Blazing Cat Fur have covered.
Post a Comment