Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

January 06, 2012

In Which I Must Agree With Heather Mallick

Addiction is a profitable, rehab-financing word for “habit.”

That is a very astute observation. It used to be that people just had bad habits, and of course they were addicted to the habits, but it's quite a different prism indeed to say that someone has an amorphous "addiction" which does indeed open the doors not only to rehab, but alleviates fault and turns the habit into a medical condition-rather than a bad choice of habit that was entered into voluntarily at some stage.

By the way, the people that I know who have kicked their habits-beaten addictions are some of the the strongest people that I have ever met and I respect them with my heart and soul.

"The church is famous for its “addiction” to laxity in this field. They have had years since his arrest to deal with an employee who, by chance, oversaw a church sex abuse settlement in his own Antigonish diocese."

"Lahey’s defence lawyer said the poor man, now being sued, is wearing a scarlet letter, but one of the prosecutors, David Elhadad, said acidly that the victims of child pornography bear “marks that are invisible to the naked eye but are of psychological harm, knowing that their photographed and videotaped sexual encounters are out there for eternity. They are the true victims.”Link

No comments: