I gotta say that I think Mormons baptizing dead Jews have far too much time on their hands and are probably a little weird, but you know what? I am comfortable letting G-d make the decision about whether that is offensive or appropriate.
Furthermore, I would rather (yes RATHER) have Mormons going wild with the baptisms-that theologically mean ZERO to Jews-living or dead, than seeing other living groups of Jew-hating douchebags build memorials to dead Jews, weeping crocodile tears at Holocaust Memorial Day or laying more meaningless wreaths at Yad Vashem.
Laying wreaths is a VERY VERY GOYISCHE custom.
So, why is it OK to lay (goyische x eleventy million) wreaths at Yad Vashem, in Israel but baptisms that mean bupkes are not?
You cannot have your goyische ritual cake and eat it, too!
Who cares what the Mormons do with their prayers?
And, yes-that applies equally to Elie Wiesel and any other human person who is a Jewish survivor or not.
I would also add that any Jew that thinks that this silly exercise interferes with his or her relationship with G-d has some serious theological soul searching to do, and perhaps should look internally at his or her own prayers and perhaps redirect some energy toward strengthening their own personal relationship with the G-d of Israel.
Any Jew who thinks that some random Mormon mumbling is going to do anything to them physically, or to their spiritual well-being is nuts and superstitious beyond belief.
And, as usual, I don't care if that makes me unpopular.
2 comments:
In a strange way I think it is kinda sweet. The Mormons believe these people wont get into heaven unless they are baptised so they do this so they can get into heaven. Strange, sure, but not unkind.
Oh it's just politics. It would not be a story if Romney wasn't running for president. It's just another weapon the liberals are using against Mitt Romney, since their own guy (the One) has a poor record and is such an incompetent boob.
Yeah. Who cares?
Post a Comment