Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 19, 2012

The Plan

Oh dear!

Handing out condoms on the Titanic!

Ack!

This is depressing.

I'm laughing, I'm crying about the whole thing.

This is standard Steyn, yes-but so accurate it hurts.

I don't have any solutions. I try to do my demographic part, and I try to put my money where my mouth is-live Jewishly, etc...

The only other things that help fight back are the every day joys of children, family and life.

So, I'll share with you two small stories-two pleasures of my life.

First-the first time the family went sledding together. It was yesterday! For many years, the special needs kid was sick all the time, and took no pleasure in being out in the winter.

The other kids therefore weren't as exposed to winter sports. We've been underachievers in the Canadian winter sports department.

Yet, there we were, for a brief few minutes-the whole family, in the snow, bundled up walking up a little hill, going down. It was delicious.

Moment number two. This is a "game" my youngest invented. He calls it "War".

The "war" is when I pull the plug out of his bath, and he tries to keep the water in, using his hands, elbows, tush, whatever. I call him a pipsqueak and he screams and doubles his efforts to keep the water in. His special needs brother laughs and laughs-water flies everywhere. This continues for a few more minutes and then I take them out and they get into fresh, clean PJs and they smell so good-I love the smells of all the shampoos and bubble baths and lotions and potions and I know we're getting close to bedtime when I can put my feet up.

I think that's why I hate presents. I only love, truly love the things that can't be bought.

No comments: