January 27, 2009
Birth of a Blog
Welcome to my blog!
This blog is for people who are forced to hide their politically incorrect opinions because they work with people who are intollerant of diversity of opinion. This blog is for the people who have to search out the secret underground of like-minded people where they work and play. This is a place where you can share your story of the repressive thought police that surround us.
Wherever you live, and whatever your profession, I'd like to hear from you. Together, we can fight back the forces that may wish to silence us. We will expose the lunatics, mock the earnest, and keep our level of joy turned up to 11.
Please note: I am new to this blogging stuff. So please be patient while I figure out the technical side of things.
Labels:
diversity,
politically incorrect,
secret underground
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Good Luck!
Welcome to the blogosphere!
Many of us here share your plight - either inour work places, professional organizations or with our spouse's circle of friends....there is arrogant intolerance of diversity of views everywhere!
Good luck and welcome to the conservative nuthouse.
Hope you can keep your sense of humor even after the crazy and vile 'left' finds you, specifically Canadian Cynic.
found from a link at Five Feet....
cheers!
I'm guessing by both the "North American" designation and closeted status that you aren't American (U.S. citizen). People heretend to have a "kiss my ass" swagger, tolerating liberal co-worders, but refusing to hide conservatism.
Finally!
I'm not a "closet conservative" but am surrounded by family and friends of a very politically dissimilar bent.
It always amuses (and sometimes infuriates) me that all my NDP and Liberal friends LOVE talking politics - until I join in. I'm not argumentative... It seems I just ask questions they can't answer.
Two recent examples: My hubby and I were having dinner with friends; it happened to be Obama's inauguration day. My friends husband stated authoratively "Good riddance to that Bush. Worst President ever!"
I simply asked, "Why?" It took a while... but he found an answer.
"Because he started that war in Iraq!"
I wanted to mention that both Democrats and Republicans voted in favour of the war... but that would have been too easy. Instead - I went for another question.
"So what do you think the US should have done after 9-11 then?"
Five seconds of silence.... then his wife and my husband said in unison "No more politics!"
Another situation - before the holidays... with my Euchre group.
I arrived, and there were a group of people talking about the "holocaust" in Gaza... those poor palestinians! Again - because of the social nature of the situation, I didn't want an argument, but did feel I had to say SOMETHING.
SOMETHING ended up being this:
"Unless you have proof that the Israeli's have rounded up six million Palestinians and are herding them in cattle trains to be killed in gas ovens and buried in mass graves... I think the term "holocaust" to describe what's happening in Gaza is a bit overblown, don't you think?"
Silence... during which four people exchanged glances... and and one finally said, "Okay... no more politics."
What IS IT with the left that they can only talk politics with people who agree with them? I wasn't being argumentative, and in neither case did I bring up the subject! But as soon as I had an opinion that differed from the group-think, they shut the conversation down.
Maddening... frustrating... and a bit scary if you dwell on the phenomenon too much.
All the best and good luck with your blog!
Do you have an RSS feed for this blog? I'd like to subscribe
alexb
Hi, arrived here via five feet.
Could be fun!
Al the best.
Welcome, and it looks like we are many!
sharkibark, I love your approach. I, too, have 'shut down' political discussion by presenting an intelligent question. I think behind the rhetoric is the possibility they are parroting what they have picked up thru MSM.They have been told what to think, and don't question the 'mainstream'.
bluetech
Intolerant usually has one 'l'...
Congratulations on the blog. We need it.
Sweet place!
Long may you run.
I don't need a place to hide, but I'll gladly help the resistance anyway I can.
Luckily, as an Aussie, instead of hiding my conservative bent, I'm able to haul it out on occasions when it's needed and belt people with it.
Things aren't too bad down here, but I am old fashioned and believe prevention is better than a cure.
Thanks for letting me jump on board. :)
Great idea for a blog! There are many of us in the same boat. Loved the comment by Sharkibark above as well!
I usually don't even bother with most friends family anymore. I have been called a racist and supporter of a hatemonger for my views on BO and Sarah Palin. I won't even get into my views on Harper (who doesn't even act or talk conservative anymore!)
Best of luck - I will be checking back often :)
I can already tell I'm going to enjoy your blog immensely. And just so you know how wide-spread and pervasive this whole need-to-be-a-closet-conservative is, I work in a partisan conservative office and I STILL have to temper my comments about muslims, Bush vs Obama, the budget etc. Are conservative opinions safe anywhere? Perhaps only here.
Thank you all for your comments. This is wickedly fun. You are very safe here.
Post a Comment