Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 02, 2009

Canadian Woman And Children Trapped in Saudi Arabia

OK. I have to say that I am very split on this issue. On the one hand, I think if you are stupid enough to voluntary marry someone from Saudi Arabia, go there to live and then have children there-then maybe you deserve your fate. People like this probably do more research about what cell phone company to sign with then the culture and religion of their potential husband. On the other hand, she could have been wined and dined (well-no wine, but you know what I mean) and smooth talked into a romance. Certainly, the kids are not to blame. Did these people just suddenly discover what Saudi Arabia is all about? What sharia is all about? I hope that the government does try to help this woman, but they seriously screwed up helping Paul Sampson who was in much worse shape. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems a bit heartless, but I think the Canadian government should intervene on behalf of the woman and her Canadian child - but not the other children.

She has no rights to her children born in Saudi Arabia - that is their law and we can abhor it, but not change it. The child that was born in Canada there may be a stronger diplomatic, if not legal case.

Canadian citizenship must be protected and valued - especially in the age where a live birth by a non-citizen on an airplane which did not take off, nor land here, some feel has legitimate claim to "citizenship."

My heart goes out to the woman - but Canada can only protect it's citizens 100% within the confines of it's borders. Beyond that - it can only try.