Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 25, 2009

The Ontario Human Right To "Hang" in the Women's Change Room Even Though You Still Have Male Parts

More serious Human Rights concerns at the Ontario Human Rights Commission! This case has been dragging along for two years. A guy, dressed as a chick walks into a health club to get a membership in the women's-only part of the club. Just before signing the contract, he says to the owner, hey-I'm a dude! I'm planning to be a chick, but I still have my equipment. Club owner says-I think my female patrons would have a problem with that (YA THINK?), checks with police and OHRC but eventually gets sucked into black hole mind-numbing, expensive, process-is-the-punishment Orwellian vortex of OHRC hell. The hearing is today. What is so complicated about this idea: NOBODY with a male sex organ gets into the women's' change room. I don't care if you are 4 months, 4 days or 4 hours away from the snip-if you have something hanging between your legs (naturally of course, not purchased) YOU ARE A DUDE. I feel sorry for the club owner. Apparently he has sponsored the AIDS walk in St. Catherines for years and is a really liberal guy. What a pathetic province and an even more pathetic system.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps (s)he can now join the 'Sister Swim'!

Anonymous said...

If I were a female member of that club and this dude walked in there to change clothes and I saw he had parts, I would file suit for sexual harrassment and whatever else I could file. I wouldn't be mad at the club owner- I would be mad at the dude and the idiots who put him in there.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something right out of Kafka's "The Trial".

Anonymous said...

Still, you have to consider that a significant majority of the women in the change room probably consider thmselves extremely sensitive to gay/transgender/etc issues and consider it a very important political/social issue and vote accordingly. I would suggest, in the political/social climate they have helped create, said individual legitimately self-identifies as a woman and belongs in their change room.

Anonymous said...

The most Orwellian aspect of this was the comment of the OHRC official, who essentially stated: "it doesn't matter whether you are pre-op or post-op: what matters is how you (as the gender-changer) perceive yourself."

We're doomed.

Anonymous said...

This story reminds me of Vancouver Rape Crisis Centre v. Kimberly Nixon spat that played out in BCHRC for couple of years.
See:
http://www.realwomenca.com/archives/newsletter/2002_mar_apr/article_8.html

Mercedes said...

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/03/the_potty_war_comes_to_canada.php