Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

April 22, 2009

Bone Marrow Drive: You Can Save A Life

If you are in good health, please-please consider getting a simple blood test and registering for the international bone marrow registry. You can save a life, just by being you. Are you on the list? I am. Once I got a call that I was a preliminary match for someone (3 out of 6 matching points) and was asked to take further tests. I felt so blessed that I was going to have the opportunity to help save a life. Unfortunately, I was not a perfect 6 point match. But I know people who have been saved by this miraculous treatment for terrible forms of cancer. A Jewish guy from Toronto was saved by an anonomous German donor with Native Indian ancestry-you just never know who will match who. The registry is international-not specific to any one ethnic group. IF YOU ARE IN TORONTO, please consider going to this drive. If you can kick in a donation, all the better-the blood tests are very expensive: BONE DONOR RECRUITMENT DRIVE FOR BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT Sunday April 26, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Adath Israel Synagogue, 37 Southborne Ave in Toronto. Jonathan Grossman, was recently diagnosed with a rare bone marrow disorder called Myelofibrosis that only affects two people in a million. This disease destroys the body’s ability to produce blood cells and if left untreated, will mutate into a non-treatable form of leukemia. Jonathan’s only chance of survival and a cure is a bone marrow transplant. If you are in good health and between the ages of 18 and 60, you can become a donor. This drive is being organized through the Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation. The registration process is fast and easy, and we only require a swab of cells from inside your cheek (no blood will be drawn at this time). If you are unable to attend the drive, but would be interested in registering to be on the donor list, visit www.giftoflife.org or the Canadian Blood Services Registry at www.onematch.ca For more information on our search for a donor; how you can volunteer; how you can donate to defer some of our costs; or how to reach us, please visit www.TheOffice.com

No comments: