Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

July 08, 2010

It's All Fun And Games Until The Internet (Temporarily) Loses A Steyn

The great Steyn is taking a well deserved break to take care of some personal matters over the summer, as per his website.

Does anyone else feel the massive, weird absence in the blogosphere?

It's kind of not as fun without Teh Steyn around.

One of the most fun things each morning for me is checking various web sites, news and otherwise and finding the good, the bad and the disgusting stories and then seeing which of my local, national and international partners-in-hate and crime have found them, posted them, and commented on them.

Never mind the laughs that ensue when there is something truly outrageous said or posted by a hemp-wearing, jihadi-sympathizing lefty (etc..fill in your archetypes) and the reaction from people like Mark Steyn.

The banter, the posts, the laughs and counter-posts really make my day.

I don't know about you, but I am literally surrounded by droves of zombie liberals who wouldn't know a joke if it came right up to them and kicked them in the ass.

My very presence and existence offends them!

Luckily, as a "Community Organizer", I routinely bring together a crew of local members of the VRWC here in Toronto for lunches and lectures and whatnot.

Not everyone has that locally, so they must turn to the internet (thanks, ALGORE!!!).

All this is to say that I believe most of us haters feel a special affinity with Mark Steyn and see him as a real leader in the battle for western civilization.

We're like members of a secret club with no membership, without the secret handshake, and we all do what we can through our actions and words and blogs and books.

All this is to say that I hope Teh Steyn gets his well deserved rest and is able to attend to all his offline matters peacefully and successfully.

We miss you!

3 comments:

Andre (Canada) said...

Mark Steyn is a brilliant writer and a great mind. His foresight really bothers "progressives" and they keep trying to bring him down. Unfortunately for them, he keeps being right all the time and keeps showing how hypocritical, narrow-minded and fake most Lie-berals and "progressives really are. Don't you hate it when that happens?!
Anyhow, I still check his site daily with the faint hope that perhaps he simply couldn't resist writing one of his zingers while taking a break...but so far, no luck :-(

Lady Cincinnatus said...

I do. I'm lost without my morning Genius Steyn Quote O' The Day to blog and facebook....

jill said...

I'm in withdrawal. I suppose Mark deserves a life, but . . .