This is a highly personal post that I am doing on behalf of my son with special needs who can't speak.
He has a lot of GI conditions that are associated with his particular syndrome, but he is unable to tell us what hurts, how it hurts, and if the medicines make him feel better.
My son has never slept through the night. A lot of people needle me and ask why I am always so tired. Well, it's because he doesn't sleep through the night-not ever. We have help from Monday-Friday at night and then we're on our own on the weekends.
I am looking for information from people who suffer from any, or some of the same conditions to tell me what it feels like, what medications have helped you and how your illnesses were diagnosed, and how you sleep.
I am looking to hear from people who are neurologically normal, or who are cognitively delayed but can speak and articulate what these things feel like.
I have access to a tremendous amount of peer reviewed medical material, but if you see a study that you think might help, or pulls the threads together-please send me a link, or post one in the comments.
I never thought about soliciting information from the entire world in a blog post, but it can't hurt.
If any of my co-bloggers want to re-post or link, I would be grateful. Somewhere out there is an answer.
So, if you, or anyone you know can help, please pass the word along.
These are the conditions that I am looking for more information on-not links about the diseases, please-but personal stories and personal treatment experiences:
Eosinophilic esophagitis.
Myoclonus.
Small bowel polyps.
Hiatial hernia.
Gastric relfux.
Abdominal epilepsy.
No comments:
Post a Comment