Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

November 30, 2011

Liberalism is a Mental Illness

People who know me know that when I really don't want to do something, or attend something, I usually say that "I'd rather attend a Palestinian haiku circle".

I rather like that quip.

But just when I thought that my haiku-ad-absurdum was the ultimate put down, Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York goes ahead and actually wants to use haiku as a vehicle (heh-see what I did there???) to deal with NYC traffic woes.

And no-I am not making this up.

"On Tuesday, his transportation commissioner, Janette Sadik-Khan, announced that New York would be investing in a consciousness-raising traffic safety campaign that draws on the work of Atlanta artist John Morse. "

"And how will the artist reach out to“distracted pedestrians, cyclists and drivers”? Why through haiku, of course. Poems that follow the 5-syllable, 7-syllable, 5-syllable Japanese verse form will appear on 8-inch square signs that also feature “eye-catching graphics.” There will be 200 signs in all, posted at high-crash locations near cultural institutions and schools. "

Here's mine, and feel free to leave yours in the comments or e-mail me.

Liberal brain fart

Sign of decadence of west

Head bangs on keyboardLink

1 comment:

Osh said...

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Eyes on the road, fool.
You're going to get T-boned.
Stop reading the sign.

Gee, that was kinda fun.