Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

February 19, 2012

What If I'd Rather Not Pay?

This article raises issues regarding socialized medicine in the UK, and an uppity writer has the nerve to ask-what if I don't want to pay for the care of 'undeserving' ill persons?

I find the use of the term "undeserving" almost as creepy as the socialized medical system forcing the taxpayer to pay for the care of someone who so clearly doesn't care for their own well-being.

However, why should anyone care for the medical care of anyone but themselves or their families?

I am in favour of some kind of "system" whereby the members of society who cannot care for themselves have some kind of protection. I believe that the the disabled and the elderly, or the care of newborn babies who are abandoned for example-there should be some kind of societal 'net' to pay for the care of these things. I don't mind my taxes going to that.

But I don't want anyone-bureaucrat or otherwise deciding that I, or a loved one is 'undeserving' of medical treatment.

I would like to own my body entirely-but I can't.

I would like to own the care of my children's health, and I can't. It's pathetic.

Canadians are sheeple-and nobody even in the currently bankrupt province of Ontario is asking these questions: what if I don't want to pay any more, and why should I?

Imagine the economic recovery Ontario could have if we were to finally slay the sacred cow of socialized medicine, and almost half of our GDP was not going to nationalized, pitiful medical care.

No comments: