Testimonials

"Laugh out loud funny!" - The Australian Conservative.

"Cheap and lazy link gateway site"-Misc. grumpy dude.

"A lusty foul-mouthed Zionista wench." - Old Line Texan

"Mombo" - Pi Guy, Correspondence Committee

May 05, 2010

Two Years Worth Every Tear

The world of parenting a special needs child is an interesting place.

You are a parent, a therapist, a coach, a spiritual guide and nurse all in one.

You find yourself dividing the world into groups-as we humans often do-people who 'get' the vulnerability of the disabled, and people who don't.

Not surprisingly, I find the most support for the value and dignity of disabled lives on the right of the political and religious spectrum.

I believe that many, if not most leftists loathe disabled people and would be happy if they were all aborted before birth.

I try to keep plodding along, one step at a time with my special needs child. Some days are harder than others.

We all have our moments.

Here is a nice article celebrating the life of a disabled child-and seeing every day as a victory.

No comments: